Branch / Representative Office in Dubai
Forming a branch or representative office is a great option that can help your business develop more quickly on a global scale. With an experienced and knowledgeable team, HLB HAMT understands the setup process and has assisted several customers in establishing their businesses in the UAE.
UAE Commercial Company Law (13) of 1988 allows foreign companies and corporations to open Branch/Representative office to exercise their main activities in UAE. A branch of a foreign company in Dubai is permitted to exercise the activities (Licensed) of its parent entity; it empowers to undertake transactions and offer services to customers. Representative offices are only allowed to have promotional activities supplementing the business activity of the parent company.
Representative office in Dubai, UAE, cannot enter into business transactions or market products. Additional license is required in some cases for the Branch of foreign company from Ministry of Economy.
A branch or a representative office will have to appoint a local services agent (LSA). The LSA must be either a UAE national or a company which is completely owned by UAE nationals.
Responsibilities of a Local Service Agent
- He is not responsible to undertake any financial obligations and commitments as a result of the operation of the Branch or Representative office
- He should not interfere in the matters related to the Branch or representative office’s management or activities
- His duties towards the Branch or Representative Office are as requested by the principal (E.g; getting approvals and permits from government authorities)
- He is remunerated on a lump sum basis as agreed between the parties.
We supervise the entire process of establishing professional firms for our clients. It includes strategic inputs including organizing a business plan :
- Getting approvals and clearances from various departments
- Finding a local service agent
- Drafting of Local service agent agreement
- Helping to open bank accounts
- Assisting to find a proper office location
- Handling other documentation formalities.
Latest insights, case studies and news from across the network
Unemployed workers in UAE will be Compensated Under New insurance scheme
The UAE cabinet has announced the implementation of an unemployment insurance scheme that would compensate insured workers with a cash
UAE Golden Visa: Reduction in Property Investment to Boost Dubai Realty Sector and Entrepreneurs
The UAE’s golden visa programme was an immediate success, particularly among expats looking to establish a foothold in Dubai.
UAE Reforms Its Visa Policy For Both Residents And Visitors
One of the most significant changes to the UAE visa system in years has been adopted by the UAE Cabinet. The new visa system falls under