Business Setup in Dubai South Free Zone
Business Setup in Dubai South Free Zone, the perfect gateway to the Middle East, African and South Asian markets, was established with the intention to enhance Dubai’s status as the aviation capital of the world. The free zone was initially known as Dubai World Central.
Businesses planning to set-up their base in Dubai South free zone can seek the assistance of HLB HAMT. As a renowned business consultancy firm in Dubai, we have helped numerous companies in commencing their operations here.
Dubai South is an ideal destination for diverse forms of businesses. It is equipped with a Business Park that provides supreme scalability and top-notch infrastructure, facilitating the development of businesses that range from start-ups to SMEs.
Benefits of Dubai South Free Zone Company Setup
- Easy Connectivity to the emirates of Abu Dhabi & Dubai
- On-site Licensing & Visa Authority
- Flexible Leasing Terms
- Easy Business Set-up
- Smart Desk / Office Solutions
- Ready to Move-In offices
- Warehouse facilities
- Aviation facilities
- On-site Nursery, Banking Services, F&B
Dubai South is one of the most cost-effective free zones in the UAE and it offers several business activities such as;
Types of company formation in Dubai South
- Limited liability company
In a Dubai South Limited Liability Company, the liability of its members (shareholders) is limited to the value of the share capital they hold in the entity. A DWC limited liability company must comprise of Shareholders, Directors, a Company Secretary and a General Manager.
A branch is a representative office of a legal entity that is situated outside the free zone. A branch is considered as a part of the parent company and hence does not have a separate legal personality. A branch must have a General Manager who is in charge of the daily business functioning, but a board of directors or company secretary will be absent. A Branch will have a similar name as the parent company.
Dubai South Licenses
- Aviation License – With the help of an aviation license, the company can conduct specified services related to aviation.
- Logistic License – Logistic license permits companies to perform specified logistics services such as storage, transportation, distribution, sorting, forwarding and clearing activities, order management, inventory management, etc.
- Industrial License – To carry out specified light manufacturing activities such as blending, mixing, purifying, assembling forming, repacking, or wrapping of products, one must avail an industrial license.
- General Trading – Acquiring a general trading license makes it possible to import, trade and re-export allowed goods. Trading activities that require special approvals can also be carried out after receiving a NOC from the competent departments.
- Education License – Education license allows businesses to conduct educational and social services, educational and training, and educational consultancy services.
- Trading License – With a trading license, companies can import, export, sell, distribute and store items stated in the license. In the case of free zone enterprises that have a trading license, completed products can be sold in the UAE market only via a local distributor or a commercial agent registered in the country.
- Service License – A company can conduct services mentioned in the license within the free zone and elsewhere in the UAE via a service license (in certain Emirates, an additional local license may be required). Service licenses are given to free zone entities supporting the logistics sector and will include services, such as consulting, software, training, repair, and catering.
Our professionals at HLB HAMT have assisted in the business incorporation procedure for several companies at Dubai South and all other free zones of UAE. We ensure companies are established without any hurdles and in minimal time.
Latest insights, case studies and news from across the network
UAE Announces Guidelines for determining Tax Residency
The Cabinet Resolution No. (85) of 2022 on determining tax residence was recently announced by the Federal Tax Authority of the UAE, which will be put into operation on March...
Best 5 benefits for business setup in Dubai Media City Free Zone
Dubai Media City is a leading free zone dedicated to promoting the UAE’s media and advertising sectors. Business Setup in Dubai Media City
Top Factors for Business Setup in Dubai Silicon OASIS
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is a completely government-owned free zone in Dubai established in 2004. Being considered the only technology park that offers opportunities for people to live,
Get in touch
Whatever your question our team will point you in the right directionStart the conversation