Why UAE business should pay attention to Low Code Application
Midhun Menon P
As technology has impacted almost every aspect of business, owners and managers have found themselves having to redesign, rebuild, and reconstruct the way they operate.
While most businesses are hesitant to make the switch, the growing popularity of low-code application development is allowing businesses to digitize their operations, automate their workflows
Let’s look at what low code is and what it can do for your business so that your company can capitalize on digital transformation.
What is Low-code Application development?
Low-code application development methodology enables tech and business professionals to collaborate and deliver digital transformation solutions more quickly by reducing the amount of coding. Low-code, in particular, eliminates the need to write custom code by providing a library of ready-to-use UI components, boilerplate scripts and integrations, solution blueprints, visual workflow automation tools, and other user-friendly features. Low-code platforms like Creatio combine these features with other advanced tools for application lifecycle management, low-code governance, security, and AI/ML to provide the ultimate workspace for digital innovations.
The Low-Code Development
Low code eliminates the fundamental gap between what the business requires and what software is delivered. However, to reap the benefits of this technology, businesses must use it correctly. So, to maximize business impact, we defined the nine Principles of Low-Code Application Development listed below.
The Principles of Low-Code Development
- Model-Driven Development: Through abstraction, automation, and openness, ideas can be transformed into applications that provide business value.
- Collaboration: Make use of a common visual language to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas between business domain experts and developers.
- Agility: Manage the entire enterprise application development lifecycle with agile workstreams to eliminate bottlenecks, enable iterative delivery, and achieve the quickest time-to-value.
- The Cloud: The cloud enables the ease and speed of application deployment that customers require.
- Openness: An agnostic enterprise application development platform can integrate anything, removing limitations on what can be built.
- Multi-User Development: An application should be able to be worked on by multiple developers at the same time. Their work streams must be supported and synchronized by the platform.
- Experimentation and Innovation: Development tools must be affordable and agile so that innovators everywhere can experiment, explore, and create.
- Governance and Control: Strong governance and control processes and protocols are required.
- Community: A platform without a community is essentially useless.
Capabilities of Low Code Process Automation Platform
Application for Automating Robotic Processes: By combining robotic and human actions, process automation systems like RPA enable business users to automate repetitive, simple-to-complex business processes. Streamline the routine, high-volume, repetitive processes that knowledge workers complete while also enhancing overall company performance to empower your team. While maintaining a human connection, business process automation (BPA) will also make use of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide intelligent responses to your consumers.
Application for Modeling Processes: Use our web-based, drag-and-drop process modeller to create straightforward and intricate business processes. To promote consensus and collaboration, offer various contextual perspectives on each step. Manage process and global data models using an intuitive access method as well as the required synchronization rules and controls, to carry out actions like creation, reading, updating, and deletion.
User Interface (UI) Designer for Enterprise Applications: Create responsive, enterprise-grade simple to complex web and mobile applications quickly, easily, and with point-and-click configuration. For a consistent experience, employ visual development tools to enable business users to create full-stack applications.
Application for Business Rules Management (BRMS): Rules governing crucial business operations should be defined, controlled, changed, and implemented for increased agility and control. Utilize our web-based system for managing company rules to set up business policies and procedures.
Dynamic Case Management Software: Give your knowledgeable employees the freedom to cooperate, take advantage of opportunities as they arise, and adapt to unforeseen circumstances while maintaining compliance standards. Utilizing our special case management features, you can design semi-structured and dynamic processes to manage case-related data, documents, and communications.
Process Orchestration Application: Connect silos (people, processes, systems, and things) for more efficient and effective operations. Count on the process orchestration engine to manage workflows and ensure the consistency of process definitions. To deliver high-performing business processes, they support standard operations such as initiation, rules processing, and sequential, parallel, and ad hoc task routing.
Process Analytics and Insights Software: Take a look into the future! Using our process insights tool, you can analyze trends and forecast the impact of strategic changes within your organization. Analyze historical data and create real-world, industry-standard simulations to identify business risks and bottlenecks.
Business Process Reporting and Analytics Software: Real-time tracking of processes, relevant artefacts, and deliverables with personalized process activity dashboards, you can create reports, define KPIs, and set alerts to proactively gauge process-related challenges or opportunities.
Low-code platform Features and Benefits
- Visual modelling tools: Using a variety of pre-built system components can cut software development time in half. Drag and drop a component into the working area and configure it properly to create modern UIs, workflows, and data models. There is no need for code, and there is no risk of syntax errors; just instant cross-platform accessibility, total reusability, and easy updating. Add hand-written code for further customization, and your digital solution will be ready in days or weeks rather than years.
- Integration and APIs: Connect your systems and centralise data to create a digital ecosystem. To enable seamless bi-directional integration with third-party applications, use ready-made connectors. Create custom integrations that use API protocols such as REST, SOAP, or RPC to retrieve data, handle structure and database updates automatically, and launch workflows based on events or predefined business rules. The Open API, combined with visual modelling tools, speeds up the creation of new digital experiences and the modernization of legacy systems by a factor of ten.
- Artificial intelligence: Discover instant customer insights and make data-driven business decisions. To improve the customer experience, use built-in AI capabilities such as classification, scoring, next best offer (NBO), and next best action (NBA) recommendations. Create machine learning (ML) models to make accurate predictions without having to write code or hire a data scientist. Using natural language processing (NLP) tools, you can create chatbots and conduct sentiment analysis.
- Governance Tools: Remove shadow IT by involving your business users in the digital transformation journey. With the right low-code governance tools in place, they will fuel the company’s growth in innovation and citizen development. Set up application approval processes, create user roles and manage access rights, and use built-in application and infrastructure monitoring tools. Use auto-generated recommendations to improve the performance of apps and workflows.
- Security: Create secure apps while adhering to industry standards. Using out-of-the-box security tools, configure security at all application levels. They are leading low-code platforms with the highest certifications, including SOC, PCI-SOC, PCI-DSS (S (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), HIPAA (Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act, and GDPR. Built-in security tools provide visibility and insights into all platform activities. Your vendor will perform regular penetration testing and vulnerability scanning so that you can develop solutions more quickly.
- Application lifecycle Management: Simplify and streamline application management processes, from analysis of business requirements to development and maintenance. To gain start-to-end visibility and security, combine all development environments into a single view. Manage requirements and teams in one place, create user stories and collaborate on MVPs, and automate quality assurance and deployment processes. Using the built-in feedback mechanisms, collect more in-app feedback.
Use cases of Low-code
- Customer Engagement Application: Create omnichannel customer-facing applications to address a wide range of customer issues efficiently and quickly. Improve customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty by providing more timely, dependable, and personalized digital experiences.
- Employee Experience and Corporate Service: Streamline a variety of day-to-day corporate tasks, such as employee management, request management, audit management, and internal service and support. Boost HR and administrative team productivity with highly automated workflows and consolidated, up-to-date information about employees, assets, documents, and more.
- Operation Efficiency Application: Create and integrate applications to automate enterprise-level operational processes across multiple business domains. To increase efficiency, improve cross-departmental alignment, and reduce costs, replace time-consuming and manual processes with highly automated, intelligent workflows.
- Modernization of Legacy systems: Modernize, extend, or completely replace legacy systems that are unable to support new complex processes with a code-free, modern, open, and highly customizable software ecosystem. Ascertain that the transition to a new ecosystem will be quick and painless, with no disruption to the enterprise’s current critical processes.
- Apps for Collaboration and Coordination: Create an application that allows you to communicate, collaborate, share content, schedule tasks, and manage reviews as easily, quickly, and conveniently as possible. Increase employee productivity and efficiency with built-in automated workflows and access to consolidated information, content, and essential productivity tools.
- Automation with a vertical focus: Create apps to automate operational and customer-facing processes unique to your industry and business domain. Apply highly automated, vertical-specific workflows based on your industry’s best practices, whether it’s the financial sector, manufacturing, IT and high-tech, healthcare, and so on.
What Do Low-Code Systems Offer?
Low-code systems aid developers in accelerating the software development process. When compared to traditional hand coding, visual syntax and models make it easier to develop an app.
This aims to address a major issue in the way many businesses operate. Everyone relies on the IT department for software implementations, but the IT department does not have the time to implement them for everyone.
However, with low-code application development, this problem is mitigated because developers no longer need to spend weeks, or even months, working on a single app. It takes hours to days to complete. As a result, they are free to work on other projects.
Shadow IT is another issue that solves this. Business users no longer need to look outside the organisation for software solutions. This is a boon not only for business users but also for IT and auditing.
The current global pandemic has resulted in an unexpected push for businesses to accelerate their digital transformation efforts. It compelled businesses to adopt a remote working strategy almost immediately, embracing new collaboration technologies for employees while creating new channels of communication or an entirely new service model for customers.
Organizations are prioritizing digital transformation as a means of dealing with the operational slowdown, ensuring customer loyalty, and digitising the way they do business.
However, digital transformation initiatives can place additional strain on the IT budget. Low-code application development can help you save time and money on application development, integration, and workflow automation.
According to Forrester, low-code platforms “allow rapid delivery of business applications with a minimum of hand-coding and a minimal upfront investment in setup, training, and deployment.”
Contact us today to learn more about our HLB HAMT Low Code Support.!!
Technology Innovations that will be a Game Changer in the near Future
After widespread adoption, all funds and contracts will probably move to public blockchains, which allow and validate digital scarcity and ownership verification
UAE’s Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL) Compliance Services
PDPL stands for Personal Data Protection Law, which is a legal framework that governs the protection and processing of personal data in a country.
Get in touch
Whatever your question our team will point you in the right directionStart the conversation