Offshore Company Formation in Dubai
Dubai has a long history of being a safe, tax-free haven that has encouraged a wide range of industries, both small and large scale. Over the years, investors in Dubai have been increasingly interested in tax savings, and many have decided to invest in an offshore jurisdiction in order to take advantage of offshore company formation in Dubai.
HLB HAMT has a devoted and highly qualified staff to provide services to our clients in all of their demands, with a comprehensive grasp of the emirate and years of experience. We are one of the experienced company formation service providers dealing with all areas of offshore company formation in Dubai.
Offshore Company Formation UAE
The United Arab Emirates has opened its doors to the corporate world in an effort for offshore company formation in UAE for individuals all over the world. The UAE government has not made any concessions in terms of facilities and services, or any other facility for that matter. Investors have been attracted to the country for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Policies that are beneficial to business
- Access to international finance
- Sound legal framework
- Infrastructure and interconnectivity at the highest level
Offshore Company Setup Dubai
An offshore company is a corporate entity founded in a reduced or no-tax location with the purpose of lawfully limiting tax payments and enhancing the investor’s asset management, and it runs beyond its home nation. A single shareholder can own an offshore business in Dubai, as well as shares in other firms. It doesn’t have to be an actual thing, but it does have to be listed in Dubai.
The stages involved in an offshore company setup in UAE are as follows:
An offshore corporation enables the ease of providing a digital office in Dubai, offering an excellent alternative for international expansion. A variety of steps must be followed in order to start an offshore company formation in UAE. The process of offshore business setup in Dubai is easy and straightforward.
- Choose a company name – Once you’ve decided on your business’s activity, it’s important to give it a name. Before naming a company in the UAE, there are a few things to think about. You must follow a series of naming conventions that are both rigid and simple.
- Fill out an application for a business license – Following the selection of a company name, applicants must complete an application form and submit a collection of supporting documents, which include the shareholders’ and directors’ addresses and identity proof, a well-written business strategy, passport copies of the shareholders and directors, and the shareholders’ CV.
- Documents to be submitted – After gathering the required documents, they must be given to the right authorities, who will analyse them and provide the necessary licenses.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are presented – After that, you must write the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) in English. The authorities inspect the documentation when it has been completed; if accepted, you can begin your business.
- Get a Bank Account – The last step is to open an offshore bank account, which enables business owners to execute transactions more easily.
The advantages of Offshore Company Formation in Dubai
Several tax advantages
An offshore company setup in Dubai is completely tax-free, and you’ll be able to keep 100% of the profits. The tax breaks have drawn significant investment to the region, which has boosted the economy. This is advantageous to offshore enterprises doing business in the area.
Foreign ownership is 100 percent
Another significant benefit is that the UAE permits foreign entrepreneurs to keep 100 percent ownership of their company. You can also operate in complete financial secrecy.
Establishing an offshore business in the UAE makes sense if you wish to operate with greater anonymity. The names of the directors and shareholders are not publicly known. (However, these must be reported to the Company Registry.)
Your investments are safeguarded
The United Arab Emirates provides asset protection (the exact nature of this differs, depending on which state you establish your company in).
Operational costs are lower
There are fewer regulatory requirements for reporting, so you won’t need to rent office space or pay people to be compliant. In some cases, you may even be able to work from a virtual office, which will save you a lot of money.
A solid legal foundation
Court cases have the ability to bankrupt a company. Thankfully, if the worst happens, you’ll be protected by forming an offshore UAE company. Your personal assets will not be seized, and your other assets will be guarded as well.
Multi-currency bank accounts
Offshore companies are able to open multi-currency bank accounts, which facilitate international business transactions while also assuring money security.
Documents Required for Offshore Company Formation in UAE
- Submit your application in the required format
- Proof of address
- Bank documents confirming the information, as well as a bank reference letter
- Copies of the owner’s and shareholders’ passports
- A copy of the designee manager’s passport
- Memorandum of Association Notarized (MOA)
- A business model
- A curriculum vitae (CV) containing the owner’s professional information.
JAFZA Offshore Company
In Dubai, JAFZA Offshore is the only offshore jurisdiction. The Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is an outstanding and preferred area to build your company because of the various opportunities and conveniences it offers, such as tax exemption and 100 per cent foreign ownership. JAFZA offshore is a global industrial and business hub that ensures total privacy and transparency.
For offshore company formation in JAFZA, all you need to do is fill out an application and supply the following documents (listed below):
- Copies of all shareholders’ passports
- Owners’ curriculum vitae
- Proof of address
- If necessary, a bank reference letter or a bank statement from the previous six months is required.
- 3 corporate names that you’d want to see
- Choosing a business activity
Features of a JAFZA Offshore Company
Corporate shareholders are permitted, and a minimum of one shareholder is necessary. All corporation paperwork must be authenticated for international corporate shareholders.
There must be at least one director, and director information is not published on the public registry.
A secretary is required in any business. A corporate director might also serve as the secretary of the firm.
- Capitalization of Shares
There is no requirement for a minimum share capital;
- Reporting Annually
Every business is required to keep accounting records and employ an authorised auditor.
The Advantages of Forming an offshore corporation in JAFZA
- 100% Foreign Ownership – The JAFZA Offshore Companies Regulations do not require local shareholding.
- Local Real Estate Ownership – The JAFZA Offshore Company is allowed to own real estate in Dubai.
- Offshore Companies are permitted to own shares in both Free Zone and Onshore (LLC) companies, according to the government.
- An offshore company can maintain multi-currency bank accounts in the UAE in order to conduct normal international transactions.
- Shareholder/Director information – Shareholder and director names are not required to be listed on a public registry.
Latest insights, case studies and news from across the network
HLB Monthly Insights
The UAE proposed the ‘Green Visa’ programme 2022
The UAE Cabinet has declared the launch of a new resident visa category, the Green visa, which is one of the most significant improvements to the UAE visa system in...
Unemployed workers in UAE will be Compensated Under New insurance scheme
The UAE cabinet has announced the implementation of an unemployment insurance scheme that would compensate insured workers with a cash
UAE Golden Visa: Reduction in Property Investment to Boost Dubai Realty Sector and Entrepreneurs
The UAE’s golden visa programme was an immediate success, particularly among expats looking to establish a foothold in Dubai.