Audit in Free zones
The majority of the Free Trade Zones in UAE requires the respective entities to file their annual audited financial statements within three months from the end of the respective financial year.
The financial statements are required to be audited by an audit firm that is approved by the Free Trade Zone Authority.
HLB HAMT is an approved audit firm in all the Free Trade Zones in UAE, and our clients have a hassle-free submission with the free zone authorities.
Following are general requirements across all Free Trade Zones related to the business, books of accounts and the financial statements:
- Independently Audited financial statements to be filed within 90 days from the end of the financial year.
- Needs to Comply with the minimum capital adequacy requirement. (Each Free Trade Zone has a different threshold).
- Only carry out the licensed commercial activities
- Maintaining a proper register of import and export of goods, which is matching with the customs records
- Submission of Financial Statements Summary attested by a Free Trade Zone approved auditor.
Our clients in Free Trade Zones include entities in Manufacturing, Petrochemicals, Logistics, Food & Agricultural Commodities, Retail & E-commerce especially in Jebal Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), Sharjah Airport Free Zone (SAIF), Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) and Dubai Multi Commodities Center (DMCC).
We are approved audit firm in Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) and Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM) and for the audit of Private equity funds, non-regulated entities and non-profit organizations.
For further details about Free zones, please visit
Latest insights, case studies and news from across the network
Cybersecurity in Pandemic time
Our business is in the most disruptive times now, and the cybercrimes are also at their peak, giving nightmares to the business owners.
The Relevance of Data Analytics in External Audit
It has been a decade since banks, insurance companies, and retail sectors, large corporations started using data mining with technology companies’ help for analysis, design, and model.
Financial Reporting Challenges and Implications from Covid-19
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has presented unforeseen and risky challenges for all organizations across the world. The lockdowns and measures taken worldwide to