Hisham Ali Mohamed Al – Taher
Chairman & Partner
Hisham Ali Mohamed Al-Taher is the founder and chairman of HLB HAMT Chartered Accountants and its affiliates. Under his stewardship, HLB HAMT has grown from a single-office regional firm to a full-service accounting and consultancy firm comprised of 225 employees. Being a licensed auditor in the UAE and Qatar, he played a significant role in broadening HLB HAMT’s services and competencies to suit the changing demands of the firm’s clients. In addition to the core audit and accounting business, Mr. Hisham has established a multi-service organization that offers a wide array of professional services, such as wealth management, executive and professional recruiting, business consulting, and advisory services.
Mr. Hisham has over 25 years of expertise spanning over senior roles in managing finance, accounting, and auditing activities. His prudent financial acumen was recognized when he assumed leadership roles as Senior Financial Controller for the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Finance and General Manager for the Al-Taher Group of Companies. He also sits on the advisory boards of a few businesses that are involved in the real estate, trading, consulting, and service industry. Mr. Hisham has received special recognition for his leadership position in the accounting sector and for his presentations on financial matters through a wide range of media. Moreover, his role as a leader, team member, approved auditor with Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA), In-Country Value (ICV) with the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MOIAT) and Abu Dhabi Global Market is also truly commendable.
In addition to his responsibilities as Chairman, Mr. Hisham is involved with professional institutions and sports associations both domestically and internationally. Since 2016, he has been elected three times as a board member of the Emirates Accountants and Auditors Association (EAAA) . Where he is the chairman of the tax committee and head of media affairs. He is the General Secretary of the Arab Electronics Sports Federation (ARESF), that oversees the Arab National federations in 22 countries. He also serves as General Secretary of the Asian Chess Federation (ACF), which is responsible for overseeing general operations across 52 National Chess Federations in Asia and Oceania.
Education & Certification
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed Auditor in UAE & Qatar
- Arab Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA International England, UK)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) USA
- Certified Tax Agent by the Federal Tax Authority in UAE.
- Certified Financial Consultant (CFC)
- Certified Strategic Planner
- Certified Budgeting Professional
- Certified Islamic Banker (CIB)
- Certified Islamic Specialist in Sharia Auditing (CISSA)
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
- Arab International Commercial Arbiter
- In Country Value Certifying Body
- Dubai RERA Certified Auditor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Auditing
- International Certified Public Accountant (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Intl)
- Approved Tax agent by the federal tax authority (FTA) in UAE
- Certified International property specialist (CIPS) by National Association of Realtors’ in USA.
- Member for Emirates Accountants & Auditors Association (AAA)
- General Secretary of Arab Electronics Sports Federation (ARESF)
Meet our people
John Varghese is the founder and Managing Partner of HLB HAMT and has been a member of the firm’s management since 1999. He is having over 35 years of experience in Auditing
Partner and CEO
Vijay, a visionary and strategic leader with a passion for excellence, is a Chartered Accountant, who started his professional journey with Price Waterhouse Coopers. He has more than
Manoj Kumar, a veteran ambitious professional is a qualified CPA from USA & CAM specialist with over 25 years of comprehensive experience.
Get in touch
Whatever your question our team will point you in the right directionStart the conversation