Hisham Ali Mohamed Taher
Chairman & Partner
Hisham Ali Mohamed Taher is the founder member and Chairman of HLB HAMT Chartered Accountants and its subsidiaries. Under his leadership, HLB HAMT has expanded from a one-office regional firm of 5 employees to a full-service accounting and advisory firm of 225 employees. He was very much involved in diversifying HLB HAMT’s services and capabilities to meet the evolving needs of the Firm’s clients; a key factor in the Firm’s continuing growth. In addition to the core Audit and Accounting business, Mr. Hisham has built a multiservice organization providing a comprehensive range of professional services, including Business Consulting and advisory, technology solutions, wealth management, and executive and professional recruiting.
In addition to his responsibilities as Chairman, Mr. Hisham is also associated with the professional Institutions and Sports Associations in the Country and Internationally. He is the General Secretary of Arab Electronics sports Federation (ARESF) that overlooks after Arab National federations in 22 countries. He is also General Secretary of Asian Chess Federation (ACF) which oversees the general administration across 52 National Chess Federations in Asia and Oceania to ensure that the overall vision and objects of the ACF is achieved.
Mr. Hisham has over 25 years of experience in handling Finance, Accounting, and Auditing functions at different senior level. His astute finance skills were rewarded when he took charge and served as a Senior Financial Controller with the Ministry of Finance, United Arab Emirates, and General Manager with Al-Taher Group of Companies. In addition, he serves as an advisory board member for few firms, which is into Real Estate, Trading, Consultancy, and Services Industry. Mr. Hisham has been singled out for his leadership role in the accounting industry wherein he has presented his views on Financial matters through various media.
Education & Certification
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Arab Certified Public Accountant (ACPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Int’l)
- Certified Budgeting Professional (CBP)
- Certified Tax Agent
- Certified Int’l Property Specialist (CIPS)
- Certified Financial Consultant (CFC)
- Certified Strategic Planner (CSP)
- Certified Islamic Banker (CIB)
- Certified Islamic Specialist in Sharia Auditing (CISSA)
- Arab International Commercial Arbiter
- Licensed Auditor in Qatar
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), USA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Auditing
- International Certified Public Accountant (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Intl)
- Approved Tax agent by the federal tax authority (FTA) in UAE
- Certified International property specialist (CIPS) by National Association of Realtors’ in USA.
- Member for Emirates Accountants & Auditors Association (AAA)
- General Secretary of Arab Electronics Sports Federation (ARESF)
Meet our people
John Varghese is the founder and Managing Partner of HLB HAMT and has been a member of the firm’s management since 1999. He is having over 35 years of experience in Auditing
Partner and CEO
Vijay, a visionary and strategic leader with a passion for excellence, is a Chartered Accountant, who started his professional journey with Price Waterhouse Coopers. He has more than
Manoj Kumar, a veteran ambitious professional is a qualified CPA from USA & CAM specialist with over 25 years of comprehensive experience.
Get in touch
Whatever your question our team will point you in the right directionStart the conversation